AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Monday, April 4, 2011

Calorie posting...good for fit fatties at heart?

The FDA is moving to post calorie information on restaurant menus. According to a recent article in the Salt Lake Tribune from 4/2 entitled "Calorie Counting on Menus to Exempt Movie Theaters," this FDA mandate will probably be in place by 2012 in over 280,000 restaurants.

Here's my reaction:

Clap, clap, clap. I don't think posting calorie information will do much to help the 66% of overweight Americans, because when I was a fatty, I thought it was fun to load up on calories (I still do, just not very often). In my opinion, it's just unnecessary nannying by a federal agency.

I strongly believe the only thing that could really help the masses desire to eat healthy is a resurgence of social stigmas painting being overweight as undesirable...similar to anti-smoking campaigns. I don't know who would fund them.

The bottom line is, if someone is serious about eating healthy, he/she IS NOT buying fast food for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to start calling me fatso and picking on me again?

    ReplyDelete