AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Monday, October 18, 2010

It's just another manic Monday

Saturdays I'll reward myself for a week of healthy eating. During football season it's with Mexican food. I don't know if I'd call Sunday my "fun" day like the Bangles, but I do usually eat whatever I want for dinner, so that's definitely a "fun" meal. Mondays can therefore be difficult depending on how much "fun" I had over the weekend, because I force myself to resume strictness. The more I have indulged, the more difficult it becomes to revert. Today was on the more difficult end of the scale.

Here's a poem I wrote about Monday.

As much as you're ugly, and loathsome, and bleak
I'm glad that you visit me every week
Your presence reminds me to do what I should
Even if sometimes it's like eating wood

I'm joking more than anything. Yes, it's more fun to eat greasy Mexican food than spinach, oats, and cottage cheese, but as I've said before, the more I do it, the easier it is. And, when I do treat myself, it's guilt free!!!

Also, I've found it very important to revert to complete strictness after cheating because if I don't, it's a lot easier to relax my eating habits and slowly let bad habits replace good.

1 comment:

  1. Monday was hard for me too. Pretzel Jello remorse. ;) Glad to know I wasn't alone in guilt.
    --Kate

    ReplyDelete