AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A story of unrequited love...

I realized something as I became fit...my body loved me and I never had any idea.

I'm sure my body cried itself to sleep at night, feeling like Julia Roberts in "My Best Friend's Wedding," maybe more like Steve Urkel on "Family Matters."

Like Eponine to Marius, it had been warning me of danger, subtly when I was young, more pronounced with time. These warnings appeared in the form of a spare tire, lethargy, double chins, indigestion, profuse sweating, etc.

I shuttered to think of all the times I had taken it for granted and even despised it because it wouldn't allow me to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I was actually jealous of those who had such bodies. Oh the shame and the agony! Waaaa!!!

After a change of heart, I can now say I love my body in return and fully appreciate it for what it is...the most precious gift I have ever been given. I want to treat it right. After this life, I want to give a good accounting of my stewardship of this gift to The Giver (not from the book, but a good read nonetheless).

My newfound love for my body leads me to a question: although I'm already happily married, considering the current judicial challenges to traditional marriage, is it legal for me to marry myself in any states yet? Just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment