AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The devil is in the details

A wise man once said: "extra sugar is bad for you."

One thing that has helped me reduce my sugar consumption is to read food package labels and only buy packaged products marked "all-natural" or "no added sugar".

When I read labels, I'm surprised at how much sugar is added to "healthy" products like applesauce, fruit juices, and even instant oatmeal.

In "healthy" products, I watch for ingredients like "high fructose corn syrup" or "evaporated cane juice," which are just sneaky sugar nick-names.

What's the most creative name for sugar you have seen?  

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard a creative name, except for "Diet"; but I have heard a creative excuse. My 3 year old told me, "I don't feel well, I need a woot beew fwoat so my tummy feels better okay." Sneaky little bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yogurt is another "healthy" food. Most yogurt has more sugar per ounce than soda!

    ReplyDelete