AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Friday, August 13, 2010

Always a fatty at heart

A few minutes ago I was assaulted in my own kitchen.
In a rush to eat my healthy dinner I opened the cupboard looking for some plates and... WOOSH!!!  A bag of chocolate covered pretzels from Trader Joe's barely missed my chin with a left hook.  I slammed it shut as the bag was stretching back for a knock-out punch.  In a moment of hurry I forgot it was there- it's been out to get me ever since a neighbor gave it to us.

I've heard it giggling at night. 

That's the world I live in.  My life is like a spy movie, only with a sexier girl (my wife:).  I'll be minding my own business, and bullets fired from a deep-fried something will whiz past, or a taco will jump on my back and start throwing punches!  You see, I'm a fit fatty at heart.  You wouldn't know it to look at me, but I'd bet dollars to donuts I could eat you, your dog, and your horse under the table.

I wouldn't actually do it though (except maybe when I cheat), because I've learned how and motivated myself to eat right and exercise to be healthy.  Between March and September 2009 I lost 54 pounds and I have kept it off.  Losing was the hard part, maintaining is the harder (but worthwhile) part.  I love my body and my family enough to give it all I've got. 

The point of this blog is motivation.  For me (and anyone else in my situation) to maintain, and for others, to lose.

Also, you need to know that as a fit fatty at heart, I still indulge in the food I love, just with control.  Notice above I mentioned that I've learned to eat right, not abandon all of my food pleasures.  I'm not a snobby foodie, although I have refined my preferences- I love just about everything from Twinkies to Truffles.

You're welcome to join me as I maintain.  Actually, will you help me?  I can always use encouragement and I'm going to give it as much as possible.  Peanut Butter Cups always kick me very hard in the shins.  Looking forward to a long, healthy life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment