AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another narrow escape

I walked past an "everything in here is up for grabs" cubical in the office this afternoon and came face-to-face with a gorgeous, scantily-covered box of bagels.  I'm telling you...the curves on those little donut-wannabe hotties, and the perfume emanating from the cream cheese... 

My heart beat faster and faster as my mind wondered, "what if..." "why not..." "nobody will ever know..." and the bagels...staring at me with their beautiful, brown, raisin eyes moaned the words, "take me..." "I'm hot..." "we need each other...."

Just before I made contact, the image of my wife's face appeared in my mind.  We're planning on getting Thai food this weekend, but I wouldn't want to if I cheated during the week.  I thought of the guilt I would feel in telling her...I withdrew my quivering hand, turned, and returned to my cube.

The bagels cried, but I saved my self-respect and strengthened my self-control.  A guilt-free Thai curry this weekend will render this self-deprivation exercise a distant memory, if I don't go crazy first.  :)

1 comment:

  1. okay todd, these are the best posts i've read in a really long time - you are too funny! keep them coming!
    i love this blog! can i link you up to mine?

    ReplyDelete