AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

There's no honor among th...ousand pounders!

A cold, hard lesson I had to learn on my way down was I had no good reason for being fat.  "Aucune" as they say in French.  I used to come up with excuses like, "it's just who I am," or "I'm past my athletic prime so it doesn't really matter anymore."

I was just lying to myself to justify my irresponsible behavior.

My very loving wife never put any pressure on me to become healthy, and always told me she accepted me for who I was.  I believed her...but I eventually asked the introspective question...would I want to be married to a whale?

Being sexy for her became a huge part of my motivation to get fit. 

I believe one of the reasons Americans are fatter than ever (68% of us are now overweight according to the National Institute of Health) is due to the fact that in our collective quest to be politically correct, we have created a protected class of fat people.  We're quick to offer excuses for being fat, WHICH IS A CHOICE, especially when we feel guilty ourselves.  I know that collective thinking helped my weight stay in the clouds.

Let's stop lying to ourselves and love ourselves and our families enough to choose to be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment