AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Thursday, September 9, 2010

No problem here folks.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention just released a study showing that in 2009, only about 33% of American adults consumed the daily recommended amount of fruit/fruit juice (2 servings), and only 26% of American adults consumed the daily recommended amount of vegetables (3 servings).

Wow! I can definitely understand why- there are so many tasty/bad/cheap things to eat.

With information like this available, how does anyone not know why 66% of Americans are overweight?

It would be nice if I could just sing my way to good health, a la Slim Goodbody, but reality demands I actually follow what he says make good nutrition choices every day. The more I do however, the easier I've noticed it tends to become.

2 comments:

  1. Todd-
    Your blog is awesome! I agree with you. I'm on my own mission to do the same & to teach my kids the healthier way to eat. (Thank you Bountiful Baskets!)
    Keep up the good work. You looked great at the reunion btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Todd this is Matt Larsen, Your blog is pretty sweet. It's funny that we live in a society where one of the biggest challenges facing the poor is obesity...okay maybe it's not actually funny, more like sad. Maybe they should bring back Slim Goodbody...I think I'm going to youtube him.

    ReplyDelete