AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Monday, December 27, 2010

Half way through the gauntlet

One holiday down, one to go.  I wish I could say I got past the first unscathed, but that would be a lie.  I was kicked by caramels, kneed by nuts, chafed by chocolates, cut by cookies, punched by pop, and ruffled by Rolos.  

I lost that battle, but I'm still winning the war.  You see, I planned on "enjoying" my Christmas and New Years anyway, so indulging for both isn't a failure per se.  I was strictish last week leading up to Christmas, and I've started hiding all the leftover sweets ("out of sight, out of mind") and recommenced healthy eating leading up to New Years.  

Here's a money-making idea I came up with while "enjoying" Christmas.  If I were fat and looking to take advantage of our litigious society to make a quick buck, I'd consider suing England for introducing toffee to the world and South America for introducing cocoa.  Countries tend to have deep pockets and you could seek some of the punitive damages in the form of fish'n'chips and burritos!

1 comment:

  1. Great alliterations; "kneed by nuts" is by far my favorite. I don't think I have laughed that hard all day.

    ReplyDelete