AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Saturday, December 18, 2010

My holiday defense attack plan

It's truly the most dangerous time of the year for a fit fatty at heart.  Throughout the year they jab...testing my defenses on Valentines Day, Easter, and Halloween.  During the holidays however, chocolate, caramel, butter, nougat, sugar, pretzels, cookies, and sprinkles unite their seductive, delicious...forces to take me down.

They're after you too.  Right now they're probably coordinating your demise in a peppermint-filled room. 

Here's my defense plan (I've learned that if I don't make one, I lose.  Period.):

-Don't make any Christmas goodies at home- there will be too many already from well-meaning neighbors, friends, etc.
-Try a small bite of Christmas goodies (to thank the givers) and take the rest to parties.  Keeping them out of the house as much as possible is crucial.
-With time off work, set aside extra time for exercise. 
-Watch Christmas movies while exercising.  "Ernest Saves Christmas" and "A Very Brady Christmas" are even better when watched on a treadmill.
-Eat a healthy dinner before I go to Christmas parties so I won't want as much food.

Let me know if you think anything else will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment