AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Monday, December 20, 2010

So far my holiday eating defense plan is working...

In anticipation of this weekend and next weekend, and as a consequence of my trip to Las Vegas last week, last night I limited my eating to salad- a significant accomplishment for a Sunday evening meal.  My mother-in-law made some incredible smelling lasagna that I would have normally devoured.

Here's how I did it:

- I ate a chicken breast and an apple right before going so I wouldn't be very hungry.  I'm convinced that going into a meal starving is the easiest way to screw up.
-I drank water before, during, and after the meal.
- I only had a small taste of the treats some neighbors brought by- toffee good enough to make The Queen Mother beg like a dog and soft, chewy Rolo cookies good enough to make Prince William marry Prince Harry.   

Also, my brother-in-law showed me the diabetes drum he used to use.  A 64 ounce monster, obviously not as imposing as the 100 ouncer pictured the other day, but very impressive nonetheless.  I could feel my blood-sugar rise just looking at it.

How is your holiday eating defense going for you?

2 comments:

  1. Todd, you look awesome! You're inspiring me to get serious about getting in shape again.
    Nate Hammond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nate! Do it in 2011- you won't regret it buddy!

    ReplyDelete