AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Good news (to a few of you maybe), I'm not dying!

It's important to note that this post is going to make me sound like an old man, because I can't remember the last time I heard anyone under 80 brag about a doctor visit.  Also, a few years ago as a health-agnostic fatty I didn't care at all about my vitals.  I've paid attention to them ever since I changed my health habits and lifestyle.

I went to see the doctor the other day because I was worried about my heart.  I have a resting heart rate of 35 beats per minute (average is 60 to 100), and although I work out almost every day, I'm not an elite athlete, so I thought something was wrong.  To give you more context, Lance Armstrong's resting heart rate is apparently between 32 and 34 bpm.

As happy as I was, my heart definitely wasn't racing when the doctor told me it's a reflection of my excellent health.   

It is rewarding and motivating for me to know that I'm considered extremely healthy because I don't want to lose any hard-won momentum.

By the way, to find out what your resting heart rate is, count your pulse for one minute first-thing in the morning before getting out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment