AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What if I can't make it to the gym?

I don't "sweat" it if I can't make it to the gym.  I do calisthenics (that was prime Bob Saget material I must say).  Calisthenics are exercises where one uses his/her own weight as resistance, like push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, etc.

As I mentioned in the "about me" section, I didn't go to a gym to lose weight.  I didn't rely solely on cardio either.  From what I've learned it's actually a bad idea to rely only on cardio to lose weight because a person burns more calories each day the more muscle he/she has.  I credit a huge amount of my weight loss to Calisthenics.

If you're going to work out at home, I would suggest researching the best calisthenic routines to help you reach your specific fitness goals, instead of just doing a bunch of random exercises.  Be sure to push yourself, but make sure you stretch and you get enough rest to recover so you don't get hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment