AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I bounce back when the wheels come off?

My wife stared at me in awe as I ate piece after piece of white bread dipped in salad dressing last night. Yesterday the wheels came off- not only was I naughty in the evening, enjoying chocolate chips and white bread and butter, but during the day I went to a French bakery and indulged in a croque-monsieur (cheese-smothered ham and cheese sandwich loaded with creme fraiche, a FATTENING dairy derivative) and a pain au chocolat (a croissant-like pastry filled with chocolate). To top it off, I didn't exercise at all! How did this happen? I just felt like it dude, and I shutter to think about how fun it was!

So now what?

Well, I can choose to keep up the naughty behavior and let one slip-up turn into a snowballing mess, or I can choose to bounce back.

How do I bounce back?

I've found it's a lot easier to bounce back when I have good momentum and motivation firmly in place.

Here are some momentum and motivation tips for bouncing back that work for me:

-Establish a habit of eating healthy well in advance. An occasional, atypical disaster-day won't throw me off when I can easily fall back on healthy eating habits. For example, all of the food I have at work is healthy. I would have to leave and buy unhealthy food if I wanted to consume it.
-Keep short-term and long-term goals in mind. For me, maintain a certain weight and live a long, healthy life.
-Remember that tomorrow is a new day and its outcome is up to me.
-Exercise ASAP. For me, there's something about exercise that helps me want to eat and live better (I have to admit, it was an acquired feeling).

To give a little context, a disaster-day happens to me probably every few weeks.

The one good thing to come out of yesterday: I learned another way to get my wife's attention:)!

Please share any bounce-back tips that have worked for you.

2 comments:

  1. No tips to add, just thought I'd let you know how excellent this post was. Really enjoyed it. Wheels coming off makes Brandon something something...

    ReplyDelete