AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I control my eating on Thanksgiving?

The exercise guide is still coming, but today I had to write about the topic that's weighing the heaviest on my mind, the most glorious of glutton-days, Thanksgiving! As a fatty, I used treat it like a buffet- eat, lay down, eat, lay down, groan, eat, feel sick, eat. As fun as that was, being fit is better. Here's a poem I wrote about how I manage Thanksgiving now:

With Turkey-Day less than one week away
On how to control it I have much to say
I must in advance be prepared with a plan
And force myself to stick to it my good (wo)man
Before I eat I will drink lots of water
Which might make it hard to sit through Harry Potter (I probably wouldn't go to it after the meal anyway- too scary)
First I will focus on fruits and on greens
Then I will switch to plain yams and to beans
Go light on butter, salt, gravy, potatoes
Heavy on white turkey meat and tomatoes (even though I love the dark meat)
If I must have a slice of pumpkin pie
Or some pretzel jell-o, I'll try to be mellow
I'll try and I'll try and I'll try and I'll try!

Let me know what ideas have worked for you to manage Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Well for me the best way to not over eat is by wearing a tight pair of pants with a belt around my waist. So when I start to get full, I totally feel it and I can't take off the belt because it will most likely ruin my outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait... lindsey is making pretzel jello? next week is going to be a doosey!

    ReplyDelete