AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Like a Rolling Stone

As I referenced in my "Still Haunted by Halloween" post, Halloween weekend was particularly unhealthy for me. The net damage was about 4 pounds. Since then, to get back down, I've been reducing my carb and overall calorie intake. It's working and it hasn't been very hard to do.

It's important to know that in terms of behavior changes, I'm a laaaazy man. In my fatty days, an increase in weight may have inspired a temporary fitness fixation that always ended in failure, discouragement, and usually even more weight gain because I'd quickly relapse.

The difference now, I believe, is momentum. With nearly two years of mostly healthy behavior and habits behind me, it's noticeably easier to make healthy decisions in the first place and correct my behavior when I do make bad (but admittedly fun) decisions.

From your experience, how long on average do you think it takes someone to build momentum strong enough to help make consistent healthy choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment