AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's important to be P.H.A.T.T. (Praising Him All The Time)

I'm not trying to be sacrilegious, but I couldn't think of a more fitting title for this post. P.H.A.T.T. by the way is the name of a Christian rap group I happened to see on one of the Christian TV channels while channel surfing several years ago.

In response to my "How do I bounce back when the wheels come off?" post, my friend Tom, who has done a phenomenal, consistent job of losing a lot of weight, offered a tip I believe to be among the most important (I'm embarrassed I failed to mention it after the the help I've received): "when I slip up, I pray about it, remember what I'm trying to achieve and how it will bless my life, then pick myself up and move on."

As I was losing, I asked God for help and tried to remember to thank Him as progress was made. I recognized that He gave me my life and I believed that He wants me to treat my body right, be healthy, and use my good health to help others. I still try to thank Him for my good health but should be more consistent.

I'm not trying to be preachy, but if you're serious about losing weight and maintaining, sincerely ask God for help if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment