AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Still haunted by Halloween

I woke up Tuesday with a cold and I'm starting to believe I won't get better until I do this, so here goes: I. had. too. much. fun. on. Halloween. weekend. (Read: I ate too much on Halloween weekend.) There, I said it!

Here's the story.

Everything was going well last week. Although I spent the first part of it on a business trip, I still managed to eat fairly healthy by ordering fish and vegetables at restaurants. Then, like a tsunami, Thursday evening came. My mother-in-law threw a Halloween party at her house, featuring heavenly, home-made doughnuts, naughty Navajo tacos, and scrumptious scones. Having been good to that point, I thought, "why not indulge a bit?" It was downhill from there. Friday we ate out for dinner, Saturday I ate candy, Sunday I ate candy, and Monday, we ate out again (this is unusual because usually I'll try to limit indulging to one day per week or less)!

This isn't scientific, but I swear every time I eat unhealthy for an extended period of time, I get sick. You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now, but considering I still haven't learned to put the toilet seat down, I guess it's not a huge surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment