AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Friday, January 21, 2011

All "diets" lead to disappointment

It's possible to lose weight on any diet.  Weight loss is really just a simple math problem: if I burn more calories than I consume, I lose weight.  A pound of fat is simply 3500 calories being stored by my body.

If losing weight is so conceptually simple, then why do so many people (me included when I was a fatty) struggle with their weight, even when they do diet after diet?

The answer is simple too: a diet is nothing more than a quick-fix to a long-term problem.  The long-term problem is over-eating, or eating more calories than my body is burning.

A diet can be a tool for short-term weight loss, but if I am interested in long-term health, looks, and results, the only real solution is a lifestyle change, which may include a diet and exercise.  It's a life-long journey.

Although I've lost weight and kept it off, I'm going to recommit to my healthy lifestyle.  I invite you to join me.

The more I think about a healthy lifestyle, plan, and find motivation, the easier it becomes.  I know I've arrived when I catch myself making healthy choices without even consciously thinking about them.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment