AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

If any of these thoughts have crossed your mind, you might be a fatty

-Potato chips and onion rings are "vegetables." 

-Butter and whipped cream are "dairy" foods.

-Sprite and lemonade are "clear fluids."

-Cookies and cupcakes are part of the "grain" group.

-Because pizza contains cheese (dairy), crust (grains), mushrooms and sauce (vegetables), and pepperoni (meat), it is a "well-balanced" meal.

-Drinking a Diet Coke is "hydrating."

-I should eat that Milky Way bar because chocolate is "good" for my heart.

-Cheese-drenched nachos are good for me because they contain "grains" and "diary."

When I was a fatty in high school, I used to eat several corndogs per day because "they're meat covered with grains, and I should eat meat and grains every day because they're members of the 4 food groups."  I honestly thought this way, just as I believed the explanation, "part of a well-balanced breakfast," at the end of a Captain Crunch commercial (is there an MLM drink made out of Crunch Berry juice by the way?).  How have you justified eating junk food, either naively or purposefully?

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget vegetables drenched in cheese sauce and "pumpkin" pie. Also--a Cafe Rio "salad" drenched in creamy tomatillo dressing. It's still a salad and salads are good for you, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to disagree on the Diet Coke one! I can't seem to get rid of it! And it must be hydrating, I don't feel thirsty after I drink it:) Just teasing you, I do drink lots and lots of water. Hope you guys are doing well. Would love to see you soon!

    The Botts

    ReplyDelete