AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Monday, January 10, 2011

I eat like no one else so I can eat like no one else

I had an unusual thought today at work while eating a can of tuna, a bowl of vegetables, and some black beans: the "big-boned" me from 4 years ago would laugh at, and be jealous of, the "fit" me of today, and I would poke him in the tummy and he would giggle like Poppin' Fresh.

He'd laugh because of what I eat most of the time.  He'd be jealous because he'd feel guilty and embarrassed about his weight, appearance, and laziness.

The title of this post is making fun of a popular but true Dave Ramsey saying.  Just like with personal finance, as far as personal health is concerned, I have the choice of whether I pay a bit later (in the form of a massive balloon payment...like a heart attack...with a bad quality of life along the way) or pay a little bit each day and enjoy a much longer, more productive, and fun life (as well as the ability to occasionally eat whatever I want absolutely guilt free).  

The price is a healthy diet (most of the time) and consistent exercise (most of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment