AFTER

AFTER
AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE
BEFORE

Saturday, January 8, 2011

It might actually be easier for a busy body to have a healthy body

This past week was insanely busy for me, which made it much easier to get back into my healthy eating routine after celebrating the New Year because eating became a necessary hassle- very weird.  Normally, getting back into my healthy routine after a holiday is harder than after a regular weekend- especially on Mondays.  This week I still ate several small meals each day and exercised, a bit less than normal for both, but I'd bet I burned more calories during each day.

On a different but related note, I typically eat more on weekends, and have thought for a long time that it's simply because I'm seeing more food (constantly walking past the kitchen) and trying not to be busy.

The bottom line...being busier doesn't have to be a bad thing as far as fitness is concerned, it can actually be a good thing, and I've noticed it helps when I use my busy schedule to my advantage instead of as an excuse to eat poorly and not exercise.  To use it to my advantage, I have to have all of my meals planned and healthy food available, otherwise it's too easy to get fast or vending machine food.  By the way, avoiding fast and vending machine food has become easier for me the longer I have done it.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely. It's amazing how when you're busy, you don't even notice you are hungry as much as when you are twiddling your thumbs looking for something to do (which usually ends up with looking for something to snack on). Boredom is the enemy of hunger control.

    ReplyDelete